(Photo taken in India at Jesus Way Int'l)
The Crosses Return – A Prophetic Dream 1-3-7, 7-3-1
The night I had this dream, I had spoken to my brother who told me about a dream he had the night before. He was standing in a huge open field at night and saw many stars, but he knew there was something else in the night sky that he couldn't see. My brother said he asked the Lord what it was because he knew it was important, but awoke disappointed. He asked me to pray about it for him. Before I went to sleep that evening, I asked the Lord if He would show me what He was trying to show my brother. In His lovingkindness, and much to my surprise, He did!
I was traveling with a group of people and we seemed to be a ministry team that knew each other very well; however, when I awoke I had no idea who they were. In the dream, I was exhausted and asked the person we were visiting if I could take a nap in the back room. The moment I put my head on the pillow, I immediately fell into a deep sleep.
A Dream within a Dream
I dreamt, as my brother had, that I was standing in a huge open field and the night sky was full of stars. I looked up and saw one star that looked very bright and was twinkling dynamically. I watched it carefully and noticed it seemed to get bigger. Trying to fathom and comprehend what the Lord was showing me, I realized the star appeared larger because it was actually moving toward me. It became so radiant that I could hardly look at it. As it came closer to me, I realized it was not a star at all, but an extremely bright and luminous gold cross!
1-3-7 then 7-3-1
As I observed it, I saw several reasons why it flickered as it spun. The cross was slowly spinning on its axis and light was reflecting off it. It not only flickered brightly, it also seemed to be pulsating. Though it was still a considerable distance from me, as it came closer, I could see an extraordinary phenomenon occur. The cross split into three crosses, then into seven and back again! They all rotated on their axis in unity, but one always remained in the center. The crosses on the right side went behind the center cross and the crosses on the left side went in front of it. They traveled in a straight line, and then moved in the opposite direction outwardly going from 1 to 3 to 7 crosses, and then from 7 to 3 and then back to 1. This is how the one became three crosses and the three became seven crosses, and then back into the one Cross. The crosses traveled in this seamlessly choreographed fashion the entire time they approached the earth.
Interestingly, as they came closer, I saw what looked to be leafy grapevines draped over the cross-sections of each identical cross. The leaves draped the crosses in a similar fashion as purple scarves adorn crosses for Holy Week. I understood if they didn’t have this covering, the intense brilliance of the crosses would have blinded me. It fascinated and stood out to me that I could still see the stars in the background. It was truly a magnificent and unforgettable sight!
Waking from the Dream
When I woke up from the 'nap' (I was still sleeping and dreaming), I went in and told my missionary friends about this dream. They each in turn shared with me what they thought the dream meant. I was a bit troubled because none of the interpretations bore witness to what I felt the Lord was revealing in the dream. Our conversation was not contentious in any way, but they all seemed to be guessing or relying on teachings they had heard and were not seeking the Lord for the interpretation. I then awoke from the dream.
- Christ is returning. He is coming in the power of the Godhead three in One and in the perfection of the seven-fold ministry of the Holy Spirit.
- He is steadily moving toward us, and even though the crosses were still far off, there is an urgency to share and teach the Gospel of the kingdom of heaven.
- His return is near, but not as near as some might think. (There’s still much to do! See Matthew 24:14)
- We know in part and prophesy in part. We know not when He will return, only the Father knows (See Mark 13:32).
- We must be obedient to carry out the Great Commission (See Matthew 28:18-20). We are to be aware that He is coming back as He promised He would do; however, we must also understand that He is slow in His return, as He doesn't desire anyone to perish. (See 2 Peter 3:1-18).
The First Cross
- Symbolizes the instrument of Jesus’ death, the slain Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world.
- Represents the Godhead, His unity and primacy being the All-Sufficient One.
- This symbol of Christianity should remind us to pick up our cross daily and follow Christ. This is not a platitude or cliché, but a serious command! (see Matthew 16:24-25; Mark 8:34-35; Luke 9:23-24)
- The Father and Jesus are one and come in fullness, strength, and the perfect power of the Holy Spirit.
- Three is the number of divine completeness and perfection.
- Jesus is The Way, The Truth, The Life. NO ONE can come to the Father except through Christ Jesus. Amen! (See John 14:6)
- God is Omnipresent, Omniscient, and Omnipotent.
- He is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego; Peter, James, and John.
- Jonah was in the belly of the great fish three days, and he foreshadowed Christ’s resurrection on the third day. Jesus validated Jonah's testimony in Matthew 12:40 and again in 16:4.
- “For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one. There are three who bear witness on the earth: the Spirit, the water and the blood. These agree as one." (See 1 John 5:7-8)
The Seven Crosses
- The seven crosses represent spiritual perfection found in the Seven Spirits before His throne.
- The Seven Spirits are the Spirit of the Lord, the Spirit of Wisdom and Understanding, the Spirit of Counsel and Might, the Spirit of Knowledge and the Fear of the Lord.
- Jesus the Messiah, the Lamb of God slain before the foundation of the world, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, is the only One who is worthy to open the scroll and loosen its seven seals.
- He has seven horns and seven eyes, which the seven Spirits of God sent out into all the earth. He alone is worthy to receive power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing! Amen! These are the sevenfold ascriptions of Christ.
(See Isaiah 11:2; Revelations 1:4; 4:5; 5:1-14; 11:16-17; 12:10)
The Grape Vines
- The brilliance of the gold crosses would have been like looking into the sun had the grape vines not been draped over them. It would have been impossible for me to observe and record the crosses movements without them.
- They remind us that in order to develop the fruit of the Spirit, we are to wear Jesus’ yoke and to cloak ourselves in His humility. (See Matt 11:28-30; Galatians 5:22-25)
- Jesus is the Vine and we are the branches. Grape leaves bring nourishment to the fruit of the vine.
- Wine comes from grapes and represents Jesus' first miracle at Cana.
- We drink from the Lord’s Cup and in remembrance of what Christ did for the remission of our sins.
Deep Sleep, A Dream within a Dream, God’s Grace
- The dream within the dream is symbolic of going deeper for revelation. Deep calls unto deep!
- My exhaustion was tangible in the dream, and reminds me of what the Lord spoke to Paul as recorded in 2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness."
- God showed His grace in a personal way because I asked Him to show He was trying to reveal to my brother, and for Him to do it, is truly an amazing example of His love and grace!
- Five months prior, I had surrendered my life to the Lord and five is the number of grace.
The Date of the Dream
- This dream occurred on July 14, 1997. (It’s come of age being re-released 21 years later!) July 14th, or 7/14, is relevant to what many believers have been praying from 2 Chronicles 7:14. "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and forgive their sins and heal their land."
- The year is significant Isaiah 9:7
Of the increase of His government and peace There will be no end,
Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom,
To order it and establish it with judgment and justice
From that time forward, even forever.
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.
The Interpretations of the Dream from the Others
- God is the ultimate Interpreter of dreams (see Genesis 40:8).
- Listen to the Holy Spirit for interpretation. It is the anointing in us that teaches us all things. (See 1 John 2:27)
While it’s easier and feels safe to go along with other people’s interpretation, God wants us to press in and wait on Him to reveal it. When God gives us a dream (either by His Spirit or through the mouth of another), we will have a deeper knowing in our spirit if what we are hearing is a correct interpretation.
- If we will seek His interpretation, He may give us the gift of interpretation of dreams. This is a gift given by God to help others to understand what He is revealing.
At the time of this dream, I was unaware of teachings concerning Christ’s return. Only now, as I update and edit this dream, do I see how the Lord was teaching me to trust Him and His established Holy Scriptures to reveal what He was and is saying to His Church (Ekklesia) concerning His return. Jesus asked in Luke 18:8, “...when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?” He is not looking for people who put their faith in theories, God’s looking for those who put their faith in Christ Jesus, and Him crucified. He knows who belongs to Him, so we should be about our Father’s business until He returns. (See Matthew 24:46)
Arise, shine! Amen!
In the Father’s love,
Judy A Bauman
It is my prayer this dream has edified you. Please feel free to email me with any comments or questions at email@example.com.